Saturday, November 29, 2008

Breaking with tradition...

Okay, so because so many of you have told me that you are ALREADY done with Love That Dog, I'm going to go ahead and tell you what the January book will be. That way you can get started now and not have to wait. I usually like to keep it a surprise until the day of the book club meeting, but this time I'll tell you ahead. This will also be good because our January book is slightly longer and maybe just slightly more difficult. But I know you are going to love it!

In keeping with our decision to branch out into different genres, our January book is a mystery/historical fiction. It is The Case of the Missing Marquess: An Enola Holmes Mystery by Nancy Springer. I read this book a couple of years ago and LOVED it. Enola is an awesome main character. The book is set in Victorian London and Enola is the younger sister of Sherlock Holmes. She sets out to find her missing mother and stay two steps ahead of her older brothers who want to send her away to school. It's a great mystery with a fantastic setting....

I'm in the process of requesting copies of the book and I have a couple already so feel free to stop by the Children's Desk and pick one up. Remember if you check one out early, you'll need to renew it in order to have it at the January meeting. If you want to request a copy on your own you can do so by going to the Ocean State Libraries Catalog and typing in your library card number.

Happy reading!

No comments: