Thursday, January 29, 2009

February Book Selection: Alvin Ho

Our February book selection will be Alvin Ho Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things by Lenore Look. We will meet on Monday, February 23rd at 3:30pm in the Children's Program Room.

If there were no school, my troubles would blast away, just like that. I would dig holes all day. I would play catch with my gunggung. I would watch cooking shows. I would keep an eye on things. It would be fantastic!

Here are some things you should know about Alvin Ho:
  • He is afraid of everything. Trains, bridges, substitute teachers, girls, school. Everything.
  • He is from Concord, Massachusetts, which is hard to spell.
  • He loves Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and all the superheroes of the world. In fact, he is a superhero himself - Firecracker Man!
  • He is trying very hard to be a gentleman, like his dad, but there are a lot of rules and they are hard to remember.
  • He can talk at home and on the school bus, but never, ever at school. It is just too scary. (See #1.)

No comments: