Friday, May 23, 2014

Book Buddies Year in Review


It's hard to believe another year of Book Buddies is behind us!  My 7th year of the program! 

This year we read a lot of terrific books and explored a variety of genres including novel in verse, mystery, graphic, and realistic fiction.  We made some great crafts from scratch art to hand-sewn drawstring bags to sand and seashell ornaments and as a group, a fantastic outer space diorama. 

I would be hard-pressed to pick a favorite book and I think the Book Buddies club members would agree although I reallly enjoyed The Ghost, the White House and Me by Judith St. George and Junonia by Kevin Henkes.

I'm looking forward to another great year of books and reading beginning in September.  My goals for next year include more author visits (perhaps a few Skype visits?), a more diverse reading list including non-fiction (I've always wanted to do a non-fiction - just need to find the right one) and to grow our club of avid readers.  As always, I'm open to your input so if you have any books you think we should consider reading, please don't hesitate to let me know!  Comment on this post if you have any suggestions I should think about over the summer.

Have a great summer and see you next Fall!

No comments: